January is the best month for a tour in Rajasthan. The weather of Rajasthan in this month is more welcoming. This time of the year is best if you are a travel lover or traveler who loves to discover destination and just don’t want to confine in the luxury and comforts of any resort or a hotel. This time is amazing because it is a time when the natives just making life a celebration and show to the world why Rajasthan is called the ‘land of colors’and shows royality of Rajasthan. In each of the festivals of Rajasthan, there is something special to see.
Top 10 Places to Visit in Rajasthan in January
1. Mewar: - Mewar is best place to visit in Rajasthan during winter. At that time a cultural festival is conducted in Kumbhalgarh fort and lots of artists come from various parts of state to show their talent of art.
2. Jaipur: - Jaipur is also known as Pink City, but here you see lots of magnified colors of Rajasthan of history, culture, monuments, fairs and festivals, and much more. Jaipur is a place of Rajasthan which is never forgetable and makes a happy memory in your heart.
3. Pushkar: - Pushkar is holy pilgrimage site for Hindus. Their are 52 ghats, and 400 temples, which is best place for your vacations. Main point of attractions to visit in Pushkar is Brahma Temple, Pushkar Lake, and Savitri Temple.
4. Mount Abu: - Mount Abu is the only hill station in the state of Rajasthan. Highest point of Mount Abu is Guru Sikhar. It attracts lots of Indian and foreigners every year and shows the distinctive blend of the flavors of Rajasthan.
5. Keoladeo National Park: - It is also known as Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary and also attracts lots of visitors every year in winter. It is a World Heritage Site and a delight for bird-lovers & bird photography.
6. Bishnoi & Pali: - Bishnoi and Pali is very popular in Rajasthan from few decades and also the best places to visit in Rajasthan in January. It is the best place who loves rural tourism and wants to experience traditional village life. Rajasthan also promotes village safari in villages.
7. Bundi: - Bundi is best places to visit in Rajasthan in January. Bundi has known for its lakes, rustic charm, and temples. Main point of attraction in Bundi is colorful markets, patterned houses, and amazing structure.
8. Dausa: - Dausa is known for its palaces, historical grandeur, and amazing structures. It is also one of the best places to visit in Rajasthan during January. The main point of attraction in Rajasthan is Abhaneri, Chawand, Mehandipur Balaji temple, Gopinath temple and Bara Baoli.
9. Udaipur: - Udaipur, the city of Lakes, is amazing landscape with beautiful lakes is very popular places to visit in Rajasthan in January. The main point of attraction to visit in Udaipur is Lake Palace, Saheliyon ki Bari, City Palace, Bagore ki Haveli, and Lake Pichola.
10. Jaisalmer: - Jaisalmer is best places to visit in Rajasthan in January because nights are cozy & cool and days are pleasant. The main point of attraction to visit in Jaisalmer is Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer Fort, Bada Bagh, and Patwon ki Haveli.
Places To Visit In Rajasthan Month Wise
Fairs and Festivals of Rajasthan in January
Bikaner Camel Festival: - Bikaner Camel Festival is celebrated near Junagarh Fort in Bikaner, Rajasthan and dedicated to the ship of the desert, camel. It is a colorful event which is very popular in Rajasthan. This festival is celebrated in the month of January and organized by Department of Tourism, Art & Culture.
Desert Festival Jaisalmer: - Jaisalmer Desert Festival is celebrated in Jaisalmer, Rajasthan in the month of January. This festival shows the traditional culture of Rajasthan. This festival is celebrated continuously three days.
Makar Sankranti: - Makar Sankranti is celebrated in whole Rajasthan in the month of January. This festival is celebrated in various states according to their tradition as like in Tamil Nadu - Makar Sankranti is celebrated as Pongal, In Uttar Pradesh - Makar Sankranti is celebrated as Khichri Sankranti, etc. Kite festival is also organized on Makar Sankranti.
Jaipur Literature Festival: - Jaipur Literature Festival is celebrated in the month of January in Jaipur. This festival is very popular in the whole World. This festival is conducted on Diggi Palace, Jaipur.